Monday, November 13, 2006

The Crying Rocks


There are many different things that attract me to a book. Sometimes it's the cover, the jacket summary or I'm familiar with the author. This book's title made me pull it off the shelf and take a closer look. The Crying Rocks by Janet Taylor Lisle was a good, quick weekend read for me and one I recommend to middle schoolers and up. A young adopted girl, Joelle, is a strong female character who easily stands up for herself and keeps everyone in her life at a safe distance from her heart until she meets Carlos. This is a wonderful story of a growing friendship where they learn to accept each other on their own terms and help each other deal with some very important secrets that desperately need to be shared.

Do you have a secret you'd like to share?

Interested in Native American lore?

Have you lost a loved one lately?

Then check out The Crying Rocks, I think you'll enjoy it.

No comments: