Monday, March 26, 2007

Chicks and Salsa

Chicks and Salsa by Aaron Reynolds and illustrated by Paulette Bogan, is a burst of rich color and the flavors of salsa. The chickens are bored and tired of the same old thing day in and day out. The rooster solves the problem with tomatoes and onions and ole, the birds are happy once again. That's just the start of a farm wide revolution in eating tasty food not on the regular diet of farm fare. We have cilantro instead of fish, we get to eat hot peppers instead of pig slop. And we get salsa instead of chicken feed. There is a suprise ending, but you'll just have to read the book to find out what happens. I'm going to share this one with my story time. I know they'll get a kick out of it.

1 comment:

Jim said...

I agree, this book has a great flow and it's great to have the kids participate by shouting "Ole!" when its mentioned in the book.
I have also shared this with our kids here during story time.