Saturday, April 07, 2007

Rex Zero and the End of the World

It's summer time in Canada, in 1962 when the cold war is still going on between Russia and the United States. Rex Zero and the End of the World, by Tim Wynne-Jones, is almost a trip down memory lane for me. I was about the same age Rex Zero is when this story takes place.
However, I didn't have 4 sisters and a little brother to contend with. And I didn't have any really interesting monsters to hunt down either, just 2 brothers. But, that's a different story. Rex Zero is a boy with a mission. He wants to live in one place long enough to have a best friend. He wants to go to a regular school where he won't have to wear a tie. And he wants to know if the world will really end on October 23rd. Well, you know that I'm not going to tell you what happens. You'll just have to read the book to find out for yourself.

No comments: