Saturday, May 12, 2007

Cookies

Cookies , Bite-Size Life Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal is a charming book for children about behavior. I can't say that it's just about proper behavior. It's about how to behave with others in a caring, cooperative way. But even that does not really capture the true essence of this book. If I have to sum it all up, this is a sweet look at the words we use to describe what certain behavior is and how it affects other. There is a lot of heart in this little book. It is a perfect book to read aloud to a child on your lap. The illustrations by Jane Dyer, are the reason that I picked up this book in the first place. The reason I love this book is that it is the perfect blend of wonderful pictures and an excellent story, with little bites of the lessons along the way. I am going to add this one to my personal collection of story books. It is a true keeper.

No comments: