Saturday, May 26, 2007

Tipping Point

Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell is a book about little things that end up making a big difference. You know the old saying, the straw that broke the camels back, this book talks about the turning points that make the big events happen. Why or how did something become such a big deal? How did an event became a plague? Why did that one thing (vote) tip the scales? This author also wrote Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking. The information in this one just boggles my mind. There is an explanation of how the body and brain work in high stress situations that is just fascinating. There is even a bit about a man who spent his whole life studying facial expressions and what they might mean. Did you know that you can cause a "feeling" of a certain emotion simply by making the "face" that corresponds with it? My brother told me about Tipping Point, and I found Blink on my own. We disagree on which one is better. I say, check them both out and you can decide for yourself.

No comments: