Friday, August 17, 2007

Feathers

The book Feathers by Jacqueline Woodson is a small gem. Small only in size, not content. This book contains some wonderful insights that can be and should be discussed by many age groups. This is a book that needs to be read and shared with as many people as possible. The book cover caught my eye first. There was one feather floating in the sky. Then I picked it up and read the back of the book. And I was hooked. I just had to read this book. It's winter, and a new boy comes to join the sixth grade class . He's called "Jesus Boy" and he says he's black. And that is just the beginning. I read this little book in about three days. I wanted to savor it. This is just a great little book to read and ponder and discuss and argue and talk about. I just had to pass it on. And I did. I gave it to a friend to read so that we could discuss it, and she could pass it on. If you read books with your kids, this is one of the ones you should add to that collection. I bet that you will want to pass this one on to your friends too.

No comments: